Thursday, June 3, 2010

Brita Helping Me Go Green?!


Using a Brita water pitcher or system (2 gallon system find out what ours is), one filter saves 330 plastic water bottles. In the US alone, we threw away enough water bottles in one year to stretch across the earth 109 times!! I had never really thought about the Brita that we use as helping with the environment. We just love the cold, fresh water that comes out of it. Now that it is warming up again, I think I refill our 2 gallon container w/ filter almost once a day!!
A couple of things on that:
1) Make sure these plastic water bottles are going to the recycle bin.
2) Get some reusable water bottles from your local sporting goods stores.
Polar Bear makes a great one that is insulated and keeps the liquid cooler for longer!

We have taught the Tigers that their is nothing to quench that thirst like water. Even in the winter time, I refill our 2 gallon dispencer once ever 2 to 2.5 days! So let's start doing a very small, easy changeover to help reduce some of those water bottles going in the trash! Got to run, I need to refill my Brita dispenser:)

No comments:

Post a Comment