Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday Family Fun

It's Friday Friends! This is my first ever "Friday Family Fun!" post. I thought it would be neat to share ideas that I have about family fun with you on Fridays. Therefore, Welcome to "Friday Family Fun!"


This is one incredible step back in time. The next time CarolinaMama and I take the Tigers back to Colorado, this is on a must do list! We have been enjoying the story of Buffalo Bill's life recently. Buffalo Bill Museum & Grave makes for a great family outing. The history that is discovered at this fun place is really awesome. Bill Cody was certainly one of the pioneers for living in the "Wild West."

There are two ways to get there, I recommend going both routes so as to take advantage of the awesome scenery! The way through Golden is rather steep, winding and narrow. If you're not big on driving those kind of conditions, take the 1-70 route! I really enjoy the 1-70 route because many times there is a live buffalo herd right off the exit on the highway that you can see right up close. If you can handle both, I am always up for going 2 separate routes, especially in the mountains.

How are you celebrating Family Fun?! Do you read history with your children? And I want to know, Have you been to Buffalo Bill's Grave and Museum?!

Until next Family Friday Fun,
Boulder Mountain Man

No comments:

Post a Comment