Thursday, April 15, 2010

Simple Saving


This afternoon, my Tigers and I will go over to the landfill to recycle a trunk-full of cardboard and newspaper. I get what I can from work because there is no cardboard bin.

Between that and my town's collection every other week, we save 2 trash cans full and 2-3 trunk fulls of a 4 door sedan per month from going in the landfill! This is simple, very little time consumption, and very little money to do this.

I am more motivated than ever after reading this article at Yahoo news. This along with this question: Did you know there is a trash pile of fused plastic and trash the size of Texas floating in the ocean?

Let's just start with the process with us. I'll say it again, probably too many times, "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!" Simple to say, do, and make it a lifestyle! Remember, a lot of littles add up to a lot!!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. I've witnessed you doing this so consistently for years and I do realize that the recycle bin holds more than our regular waste bin. :) Making our world a better place, and training the next generation.

    ReplyDelete