Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Starbucks On the House!


Check this out. Starbucks is offering a free cup of Joe! this Thursday, April 15 if you bring in your travel mug! Starbucks is a big proponent in the going green movement.

Every day Starbucks will give you ten cents off of any drink when you bring in your travel mug. It doesn't have to be a Starbucks mug, either. Can you imagine how many trees we could save by using our travel mugs? ! Some of the lower end ones are only $10, many of us Starbucks drinkers will be making up that $10 really quickly.

I love my iced grande tumbler, and do enjoy my hot mug to go also. I use it when ever possible.
If I can't use the iced tumbler, I make sure that the plastic goes to the recycle bin at home. Through the grapevine I have heard that Starbucks might be working on a more earth-friendly straw as well!

Ted's Montana Grill is on the ball with that one with their paper straws that disintegrate within 24 hours! I know Starbucks will figure it out. Let's all work on the reusable, a lot of smalls make a great big difference!


1 comment:

  1. You'll know I'll be the first one through the door! :) Going Green!

    ReplyDelete